LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN GYM INSTRUCTING
The level 2 Gym Instructing qualification is the latest and brand new level 2 qualification in the industry and is the first step on the ladder into the fitness industry and the pre-requisite to becoming a fully licensed Personal Trainer. This qualification will allow you to work in some of the biggest commercial gyms and fitness centres as certified fitness instructor. During this course you will learn how to plan safe and effective gym based exercise sessions, from warm ups through to the use of a range of cardiovascular and resistance machines, free weights and body weight exercises. You will also cover aspects of health and safety and customer care so you’ll be an immediate asset to any employer. This course which is available for £649 and is recognized by the UK’s leading awarding body Active IQ and will allow you to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 2.
one off fee
Become a Fitness Instructor and you can gain employment in some of the UK’s top gym chains! When you successfully complete this course:
- You will achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing qualification
- You could work for a top UK gym chain or even become a freelance fitness instructor
- You will be able to join REPs (the Register of Exercise Professionals) at Level 2
- You will gain the prerequisite qualification needed for our course that leads to the Level 3 in Personal Training qualification.
As part of this course you will be required to complete the following 6 course units
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
All of the course material is printed in high-quality books. Once you have completed the course you can use these to reference to throughout your career!
You will receive your course package in the post by courier. Your course package will contain all of the material needed to complete the course. You will be able to choose where and when you study, with 24/7 support form our highly experienced team and course tutors.
The books you will receive are:
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Workbook
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Mandatory Units
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Manual
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Practicum Log Book
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Observed Assessment
To gain the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing, you will be required to complete the following assessments:
- 2 x multiple choice exams
- A Practical Assessment – You will come to one of our ‘BodyTorq Fitness’ assessment centres to demonstrate your competences of delivering a planned exercise training programme.
- Complete a questions and answers workbook
We offer the option of Blended learning. This consists of 4 contact days over 2 weekends mixed with home study and guided learning. This course can be completed in as little as 2 weeks over 2 weekends.
We offer the one of the most competitively priced courses in the industry. We have our own in-house media team that produces our course material along with our own assessment and tutor team which means you have the best resources available. Therefore our prices are plain and simple:
- £649 – This is a one-time fee with no hidden costs.
There is absolutely no hidden fees and you do not have to pay for reassessments.
On completion of this course you will receive:
- ActiveIQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- And be able to apply to join REPs (the Register of Exercise Professionals) at Level 2.